Tuesday 16 July 2013

✽ Classic Fiction - Cover Designs:


Illustration for adult fiction is an area I’m really keen to move into and I’ve decided to start by designing artwork for some of the classics.



“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.” 
-George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty Four









“Behind him walked his opposite, a huge man, shapeless of face, with large, pale eyes, with wide, sloping shoulders; and he walked heavily, dragging his feet a little, the way a bear drags his paws.”

- John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men



“people living alone get used to loneliness.” 
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night




My designs are based on a simple idea / quote taken from each story. I like book covers that deal with a small aspect in this way, rather than trying to fit too much in. Lots of covers in the 60s and 70s for pulp paperback fiction did this really well and I’ll try to add another blog in the future about some of my favourites. I’ll also be aiming to put together artwork for other classic novels in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment